Skip to main content

When living in your Bromford home you may have a tree in your garden, communal area or scheme. Over time, trees can become damaged due to their age or weather conditions.

Here you can find out more about what work we will carry out for trees.

Emergency repairs

We will attend if:

  • A tree has fallen over
  • Is causing an obstruction
  • Poses a risk of injury to a person or damage to a property.

To report a tree as an emergency, call us on 0330 1234 034.

We will arrange an engineer to attend within 24 hours to make safe. An appointment will then be made to arrange any follow on works.

Where trees are touching power cables, we may need to contact your electricity supplier, so please have their details to hand.

What we will do

Bromford will inspect and carry out works to a tree if it is dead, diseased or dangerous.

If you believe the tree is posing a danger, make sure you contact us on the above number.

What we won't do

There are different repairs to trees that we won’t carry out. These are:

  • If the tree is causing a loss of light to your home
  • Causing an obstruction to a view
  • Interference with private vegetation
  • Obstruction of utility cables (These are the responsibility of the service provider)
  • Minor or seasonal issues such as honeydew (dripping sap), bird droppings, falling leaves/fruit/flowers
  • Effects on TV or mobile phone reception (a solution would be to reposition things like satellite dishes etc.)
  • We don't attend to trees which are in an individual gardens where the property is privately owned or is a shared ownership property.


If you have a tree that is overhanging into a neighbouring property, it will not be pruned unless there is a particular risk associated with the overhang. If you’re a property owner, you are legally entitled to cut back any branches overhanging their property as long as the tree is not subject to a tree preservation order.

If you wish to report a tree for inspection or if you’re unsure, feel free to contact us